FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brazil Tourist Visa Questions and Answers
Old May 2, 2014, 3:28 pm
AirD0c

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Hi everyone. I'm trying to get 2 World Cup visas via mail (consulate isn't open on the weekend and can't take time off from work) and have some questions. My local consulate (Hartford) is not answering phones or emails.

From what I can gather, we need to apply for tourist visas and include proof of being WC ticket holders. This includes:

1. Passport
2. Visa app confirmation printout, with attached photo and original signature.
3. Copy of airline reservation
4. Copy of Driver's license
5. WC ticket confirmation
6. US postal money order for fee

Now, consulate website says "A handling fee of $20.00 applies when the bearer of the passport does not submit the application personally." This is a little unclear; If I mail in the application, and don't use a visa service, am I exempt from the fee? I think not, based on the wiki above, which clearly says, "fee is due when the visa applicant is not present in person."

If I do need to pay the fee, is it per person? (I believe I do owe $40)

The Visa print out form (the one where your passport photo is attached) requests a contact name/number; do I list my contact info, or the info of my hotel in Brazil?

Finally, per the consulate website, "the signature of the applicant in the visa application form must be notarized by a notary public." Ok. But elsewhere it says, "your signature on the application and all copies of documents must be notarized." So do I need to notarize everything (copy of DL, reservation, WC tickets etc.)?