FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consecutive flights with mechanical problems - 3 and counting
Old May 1, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerAl

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's been a lot of that. Much like the ps swaps, these really hurt for those of us who were looking forward to starting our Hawaii vacations with a lie-flat, and wind up on one of those awful ex-ATA birds.

I suspect UA loses a handful of customers for good every time they do something like this.
I seriously thought they were joking when they told us a 753 was going to fly us all the way to IAD! Very disappointing as I had paid to sit in First and was looking forward to the lie-flat on the long redeye flight. Apparently the HNL-EWR 764 flight was delayed that evening as well (not sure why).

It's an improvement from the old UA to have these nice planes flying to Hawaii, but why are they so unreliable? The 764 are younger than the pmUA 777/763s.

Come to think of it, I've encountered the most problems on UA whenever paying the extra $$ to sit in First. Maybe I should just stick to buying cheap "flip-flop" tickets