FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enterprise: Flat Tire Question
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:10 am
100% Green

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Enterprise: Flat Tire Question

I recently rented a vehicle and the day after picking it up got a flat tire. I was nowhere near any of the enterprise locations, and I did not get the "roadside assistance protection". I was on a restricted road, so the RAP wouldn't have helped me anyway as the enterprise person instructed me I had to contact the state troopers for assistance with the tire.

After having the spare put on, I was able to drive to a garage along the turnpike I was traveling on. Enterprise wanted me to go to Firestone or Bridgestone (companies they have existing deals with) but that would have taken me an additional 2 hours, after already being delayed 2 hours due to the flat I didn't want to do this. I spoke with the rep at enterprise roadside assistance and she said she would mark in my notes, but could not guarantee that I would get reimbursed.

I shelled out about $300 and got a new tire. The tire guy was amazed that I had just received the car as almost all the tires had very little tire pressure and he filled all of them with air as he said if you drive on these they will also burst (the tires should have been at 35 and were at 25 - whatever that means)

Interestingly, this was my second car since the previous car actually had engine trouble. I received this vehicle dirty and with only a 1/4 tank of gas, but at the time it was running just fine.

Should I file a claim with amex (who I have car insurance with) or should I proceed in a different fashion directly with Enterprise? Who should I expect to get reimbursed from for the roughly $300 I had to shell out for this?

Thank you.