FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase fraud alerts & fraudulent charges [consolidated]
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:58 pm
skibum7732
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I had fraud activity on my card yesterday. The disturbing part was that it was in person, at the mall 2 miles from my house. I had my card on me and my girlfriend did not. My first thought was they broke into our apartment and stole her card which was left out for the taking. However, I got home and all was fine. I called the fraud line and closed the account, etc. Has anyone in a similar situation gone ahead and filed a police report? This is actually the 2nd time I've had fraud charges against my CSP. The first time were just small charges from facebook and hyatt and I was sent a new card and new number. I've never had any problems with any other card, including my 5 other chase cards.
I have not had this happen...knock on wood. However, I would immediately file a police report. The store that it was used in likely has security cameras on the registers.