FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:46 pm
sensei

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
We recently stayed at the Churchill for the first time, two stays about a week apart. Both stays were terrific. Great location, excellent service, and a nice club. The gym is small, but we found it sufficient for our purposes.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
As I'm not a smoker, I'm fine with this. But I presume the grandly named "Forecourt Terrace" is simply the standing and auto loading/unloading area in front of the hotel!

The 25 pound minimum charge for the unimpressive outdoor portion of the bar is absurd. If it is imposed on hotel guests, the place will be deserted, but then so far, I've never seen it even partially close to full anyway.
This minimum for the terrace is indeed regrettable. We went down to the bar after dinner one night and just wanted to have a quick nightcap outside and were told in no uncertain terms that there was a 25 pound minimum. It seemed a little tacky, especially considering that at 17 pounds plus tip for a typical drink puts you easily at 40 pounds for a couple. Needless to say the terrace was rather empty. Only after speaking to a manager was the minimum waived and he seemed himself a little unhappy with the policy and noted that the minimum is waived frequently.