FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:56 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mikelat
Fiance and I are considering heading to Chicago for 4th of July weekend. Looks like we can get comparable rates at the Ren Blackstone and FS Magnificent Mile. JW Is about $40 more/night. We'll be staying 2 nights with an early arrival (and hopefully early checkin) on the 4th. Looking for just a weekend getaway to see the sights, have some good food, and enjoy the fireworks. Any recommendations for which hotel to stay at? Any have better chance for Plat upgrades? I figure odds aren't great on that weekend, but still hopeful.

What are best transport options from ORD to the hotels? Just take a cab? Both travel light and not opposed to airport bus or public transport if they're good time & cost options.
Transportation: Take the L. It's easy, fast and cheap. (Hmm, I really do mean the train on that.)

Hotel: The FS, hands down. While the Blackstone is beautiful, it's also pretty far removed from everywhere you'll want to be. The Blackstone has a great restaurant, but no other options within easy walking distance. With the FS, you are in the middle of everything. It's not as nice a hotel, but it's a much better location.