FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gala Yuzawa - what to take (child)
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:21 am
evergrn

Originally Posted by LapLap
Interesting that you mention a three year old, my own interpretation was that LapChild wouldn't need a Gondola ticket so I couldn't see the point of hiring a sled package for her. Last thing I want to be doing is risking a back injury with a sled and hauling two of them around all day.
BTW - not using the 1,000 option pass you had, JR East pass holders are entitled to the same rental packages though.

Snow boots seem perfect for a January visit, but just what I'm hoping to avoid in April, thanks for clarifying what comes in the package. Won't mind these for myself at all - I run on a different thermostat to my kid.
Sorry, you are right. I just had a look at their website. Some of the details escaped my memory, because it involved that JR pass and plus we had 1 child do ski lesson and another do sledding with us. We probably must've done that sled/boots/gloves/gondola option for us 2 adults, and then the rentals only for the kids. But the rentals-only still would include all of sled+boots+gloves. It's only 600y half-day (7.40a-2p or 11.45a-5.30p) or 800y all-day. And you're going to have to get that rental package for your child anyways, because you'll want to get her a pair of snow boots. I wouldn't worry too much about having to tow 2 sleds all day, although it's up to you. These sleds are light, sort of stack on top of each other so that you can tow them together easily, and the sledding area is close to the hut at the top of the gondola. Most of the time, we weren't even using the sleds and so left them on the ski rack outside the hut. Btw, you may want to call the rental place (Salomon Station) and double-check that they're open. Their webpage says they only rent until 3/31, even though it sounds like the ski resort's open till May.