FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gala Yuzawa - what to take (child)
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:07 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
When you go for that sled/boots/gloves/gondola discount option (using your JR Gala option pass), you and your child will each be entitled to a sled of course. You might feel like just getting one sled for the two of you and declining the other. You're not going to save any more by turning it down so I would just take one sled each, just in case. With my 3yo, sometimes she wanted to ride together and sometimes she wanted to ride by herself (but next to me).
[SNIP]
ADDENDUM:
No need to take boots - yours or your child's. That's part of the aforementioned rental package. You'll change into their snow boots and leave your shoes in the locker at the Gala shinkansen station prior to boarding the gondola.
Interesting that you mention a three year old, my own interpretation was that LapChild wouldn't need a Gondola ticket so I couldn't see the point of hiring a sled package for her. Last thing I want to be doing is risking a back injury with a sled and hauling two of them around all day.
BTW - not using the 1,000 option pass you had, JR East pass holders are entitled to the same rental packages though.

Snow boots seem perfect for a January visit, but just what I'm hoping to avoid in April, thanks for clarifying what comes in the package. Won't mind these for myself at all - I run on a different thermostat to my kid.