FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gala Yuzawa - what to take (child)
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:37 am
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I cannot say specific about Gala Yuzawa, I never been there. All I can say is speculations based on my days at Massachusetts and New York (up state area, not the city).

It has to be at very end of the season for Gala Yuzawa right now. I looked up the website and the official season for Gala Yuzawa ended on March 31 but there are still enough snow left so facilities are still open.

The website said snow condition is tightly packed, wet snow. If I remember from my days at Massachusetts and New York, warm during the day to melt snow and cold during the night to freeze snow produces tightly packed snow. Forecast for Gala Yuzawa is in high of 11 – 13 C. I do think snow do get wet during the day. Problem with that is that clothing can get very wet which drying of clothing takes time and requires change of clothes. I agree, the full ski suit can get very warm when temperature is 11 – 13 C during the day.

I think you do have to expect clothing to get very wet and need change of clothes. Enjoy the trip!