FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS credit on AA flights booked on US
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:05 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
This is what id be worried about. On AS site it shows it as AAXXX during the search but when you start to go through the purchase process it changes it to ASXXXX operated by AA. I'd be worried US does the same thing. I may just have to book a random flight and use 24 cancel to see how it tickets.

*Edit* Well i booked a ticcket and it does not specify if its US or AA flight number. I just says FLIGHT # 1014 Operated by American Airlines flight # 1014. I bet this is most likley US1014 which would make it not eligible for miles

Other things I learned.

you cannot tell on US site what booking class the AA flights books into. In my example U on US booked into O on AA which does not earn miles.

US screws up the secure flight data collection. It merged first and middle in the first name box when i check my AA secure flight data.
PS. Of course I have to call to request a refund. I was hoping it would be an easy hit cancel, of well the things we do to get information
And the ticket number is 037XXXXX, right?

Rule of thumb on AS is ticketing carrier matches operating carrier, you're good. If not, here there be dragons (the exception being OAL ticket, AS metal, AS will credit AS MP for that). You can sometimes get around this by sending in the boarding pass showing the MP # and the operating carrier flight number , but this is where things start to fall apart and you can get hosed.