FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird...DL just automatically held an award reservation for me...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:47 am
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Weird...DL just automatically held an award reservation for me...

Yesterday about 5pm I was looking at a last-minute award ticket PHX-PDX for today. I clicked a pair of LOW 25k out/inbound flights (yes, they exist and yes there were 3 LOW options) and got to the summary page but did not select "redeem" or anything, for that matter. I simply left the page open for a bit and then my iPhone turned off.

About 3 hours later I log onto My Delta and the trip is asking me to "Check In" for my upcoming flight...

So, I clicked it to see what in the heck happened and apparently it automatically held this trip for me... This was on April 3 and it said I had until April 3 to redeem this held itinerary.

I tried to do another dummy booking to see if there were any other LOW award tickets leaving at night and there weren't.

So, I obviously redeemed it and checked in as normal and I fly out tonight.

I know the 72 hour holds went away, but since this flight was inside the 72-hour-from-departure-window where it says you can't make any changes/redeposits, is there any reason it was held for me?