FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:55 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Pictorial Review of London Hyatt Regency ‘Churchill’.

Post -1- of 2 due to image limitations

Absolutely Massive King Sized Bed:

Diamond amenity:

As part of my exploration of Hyatt hotels to see if the hotels and loyalty program would be of interest, I recently booked a paid stay at the London Hyatt (basic room) and used a suite upgrade to see how they compare to other hotel chains I regularly use. I did call the Hyatt number to do the suite upgrade at the same time as booking the room and this worked flawlessly if a bit irritating to have to call a US number internationally from the UK.

The stay, hotel, lounge and staff were all wonderful, very very good. It was definitely up there with some of the best hotel stays I have experienced. ^

Floor plan 7th floor:

Originally, the plan was to stay here as we would be attending the recent BA FT DO in London, however, work and traffic conspired against us so that we arrived quite late in the evening and decided to simply go straight to the hotel and then get something to eat before turning in for the night.

From reading this thread I knew to use the lounge to check in and it seems I had some luck as others were going up to that floor on the same elevator (I didn’t realise that you needed a key card to access those floors at the time!) Anyway, we were checked in quickly by the friendly clerk at the desk once you get out of the elevator (desk with lounge clerks to the left with the business side of the lounge to the left behind the desks and the ‘family’ area of the lounge in a separate area to the right.

I was a bit surprised to have to show some photo ID as we are foreign nationals but living in the UK permanently, the chap explained that this was hotel policy so we obviously went along with it but AFAIK this is only required if you are not a UK resident.

We were soon on our way with our room key to our suite and told that we could have breakfast in the lounges and any other useful bits…

Entrance area: (walk in closet to the right in this photo)

Nice area to place keys, wallets, and dangerously good sweeties along with mirror:

The suite was lovely, a decent size and very nicely appointed. Certainly on par with better quality suites I have stayed at in other chains. I liked the layout with the walk in closet and area to put keys as well as the sweets (which I had to do quality checks for FT of course)…

Now some pictures of the room finally!

Walk in closet / Wardrobe room (off the main entrance area):

Wardrobe shelves, safe and other bits:

Wardrobe with bathrobe, slippers, iron and board as well as umbrella:

Full size mirror and shoe area:

Living / Working Space:

View into room from entrance:

Entrance Desk area:

Close up of Desk:

It seems a new and strange concept to me to see useful office accessories in a hotel room: (but shouldn’t I guess)

iPod radio / dock:

TV, side board with mini bar and table with Nespresso machine, glasses:

Detail: