FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT Flight Simulator Outing to BAFT Cranebank - 10 October 2014 [UK]
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:59 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have had a reply from BAFT now from the same chap who I think BotB spoke to in order to organise the safety course which happened back in January. He seems every helpful and knows about FT as well which helps.

For 8 of us we would be looking at something along the lines of Option 5 as shown in the BAFT corporate pages, so we would have 2 simulators for 4 hours and we would average 1 hour simulator time each. The cost on the BAFT does not inlcude VAT, so normally Option 5 would be £4080 in total (£510 per person). However, we have been offered a total price of £3400 so a bit more manageable £425 per person.

Unfortunately weekends are not possible for a group booking, so the options are weekdays and the time slots available would be 0700-1100, 1100-1500, 1500-1900, or 1900-2300. My own preference would be a Friday and probably 1900-2300 as (coming from the regions) I would only need to take half a day off work and wouldn't have to worry about getting back for working the next day. For those in London or around the South East you could come in the evening and there would be no need for any holiday being used.

I have also checked with my work colleague who said he may want to come and he would still be up for this as well.

We have been recommended to use the 747-400 simulators and they have the latest virtual systems on them apparently.

If we booked for a date within 3 months it would be difficult so choose what we wanted due to availability. However, beyond 3 months is much better and we should be able to book our choice of date & time. In order to do this we need to book by the end of May at the latest.

Bearing all the above in mind, can I suggest the following dates and times:
  • Friday 5 September 1900-2300
  • Friday 12 September 1900-2300
  • Friday 19 September 1900-2300
  • Friday 26 September 1900-2300
  • Friday 3 October 1900-2300
  • Friday 10 October 1900-2300

EDIT: see here for change of possible dates comments.

Could everyone please post which they can and can't do for these four. I have also checked with my work colleague who said he may want to come and he would still be up for this as well.

As the cost is fixed at £3400 and remains the same whether 8 turn up, or say 6 turn up if 2 drop out at the last minute, I think these have to be firm commitments, and indeed you may have to pay your share individually to BAFT on a non-refundable basis when we book.

This is still very much open to anyone who would like to join and not just to the ones who have already expressed an interest.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 4, 2014 at 6:00 am