FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:52 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the fuel dump were explicitly mentioned here, it would have helped get the price down into the $980-$1100 range roundtrip total, if not even marginally better than that.

Use of some international overseas extra segments helped with that, but those weren't the only routes that could be used as a third sector/segment to help drive down the price to well below $1400 roundtrip.

I'm not going to go into the merits and demerits of discussing FD in fleeting published fare deals posted on FT, but the airlines aren't as eager in killing FDs as in adjusting fares directly.
Agreed. But I increasingly find that people won't share ANY of their tricks on Flyertalk because of shut down fears -- a not unwarranted fear.

That said, in this case, if I had a simple trick, I would have shared. Good karma, and it would have saved a lot of folks some good money. There obviously wasn't enough time for a typical Flyertalker to "figure this out" by themselves in the amount of time they had.