FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On AS flights - MVP vs AA Platinum
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:16 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
no but if you are both on the same PNR you wont be upgraded even if upgrade space is open. 2 MVPs on 1 PNR cant even be upgraded if upgrade space is open unless supposedly you call in. So if all your AS flights are with a companion on the same PNR I guess it only comes down to where you want to bank your miles. I dont fly enough to get elite status on 2 airlines anymore like I used to with AS and NW so I just bank everything into AS and the very rare times I use non AS partners I dont even bother entering a FF program number because I know it might take me about 10 years to get enough miles for an award on say...UA and thats assuming they wouldnt expire. I guess UA is a bad example. I have an active account there in the case my flying ever picks back up to support 2 programs. I guess F9 wouldve been a better example
OK, so now I'm confused again, you're saying that you DO have to call in to get 2 MVPs on the same PNR on the upgrade list, but in the upgrade bug thread, missydarlin says it's automatically processed....hmmm, which is it then?

Originally Posted by missydarlin

Update:
My original answer was not accurate.

You do not need to call in to upgrade two MVPs on a companion certificate.

The autoprocessor will put you on the list.

However, you cannot specifically shop for MVP (Immediately) Upgradeable Fares when there is more than one person in the reservation.