FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really detailed Citi TY Points breakdown possible?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:46 pm
Joe1690

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Thanks! Good to know - new restaurant just opened up that I quite like, but it shows up as Candy/Nut/Confectionary rather than restaurant (they sell a large variety of dried fruits as well). Guess I should be using Amex BCP on this instead of Citi Forward...
Keep in mind that a store/restuarant can have different MCCs depending on the network it is processed over. For instance just because Visa classifies a particular store in a particular location as a grocery store, Mastercard may code it differently. I have found this to be true with multiple merchants especially with American Express versus Visa/Mastercard. However, it is more rare to see the MCC differ between Mastercard and Visa even though it does occur in some instances. As such, you should never assume that just because you earned bonus points for a particular merchant with your card over V's card network that it will be the same when you use A's card network.