FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E Fares....What a Joke!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:03 pm
ATL787

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by justhere
I'm confused. If there isn't a problem, why did you post what you did? It seems like you are saying that you have a problem with E-fares and I think that is how many of us are seeing it.

And as has been pointed out, this isn't a new fare. New to you maybe, but not a new fare. I am curious though why you feel it is a joke? I say that trying to understand your perspective on this. Clearly you don't like the idea of the E-fare but it works for many. I'm just not seeing how or why it is a "joke".
Ah, yet another reader reading this as a "problem" complaint. Clearly, I expressed my feeling that it is a joke, and no where did I call this a problem.

Now that I've gained the experience of an E fare, I see them as a joke. I admitted my laziness in not noticing the "cleary" stated rule when booking. I stupidly assumed, after the fact, that I might be able to call and get a seat assignment, and was treated like a turd, as usual these days. I stupidly posted a thread about it on FT, thinking I might hear from others about their experiences booking an E fare (whether intentionally or accidentally), and yet again get treated like a turd (as do most every other OP on this forum these days).

As a professional courtesy, I have grown to expect it from DL, and as a common courtesy, I am coming to expect it from DL FTers, as well.

Last edited by ATL787; Mar 18, 2014 at 3:09 pm