FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E Fares....What a Joke!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:44 pm
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ATL787
I believe you didn't see a problem here, because there isn't a problem. (I love it when the 2nd or 3rd reply discusses the probem they personally find with the OP, always makes for a great thread)

E Fares, however, are huge bleep'n joke. I mean, come on, DL, you slip in a new fare with a no seat assignments rule that applies to Elites, as well? And then you try to sell me on it? This is a route and schedule that I am almost garuanteed to get an Upgrade, so I don't (emphasis added) really care, but to me the whole thing is a joke (emphasis added).
I'm confused. If there isn't a problem, why did you post what you did? It seems like you are saying that you have a problem with E-fares and I think that is how many of us are seeing it.

And as has been pointed out, this isn't a new fare. New to you maybe, but not a new fare. I am curious though why you feel it is a joke? I say that trying to understand your perspective on this. Clearly you don't like the idea of the E-fare but it works for many. I'm just not seeing how or why it is a "joke".