FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catching a taxi at BKK and general Thailand taxi discussion
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:42 am
TOMFORD

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by nkedel
That sounds very early to me; the only time I've left that early was the once I got stuck on China Eastern and being a non-OW carrier, wasn't sure how bad their regular Y check-in lines would be (turned out to be bad.)

Then again, even though I'm always in Y, I can use the J check-in lines (as can an awful lot of us with status.) No fast-track line with that, but the exit passport controls have never been that bad, and seem better with the division of space with security upstairs before passport control.

Leaving 3 hours ahead seems fine from Lower Sukhumvit if you're not around a rush hour, sometimes only about 2 1/2 if I'm leaving at the crack of dawn for the 8AM-ish JAL departure. Sometime the check-in desks don't even open before the 3-hour mark...
No idea. I get in around 7am from FRA, then I'm going to grab breakfast at the TG F lounge, and then head out to the city. I know I want to see the floating market, visit one temple/palace, and get a mani pedi, but not necessarily in that order. I want to get lunch and an early dinner in the city as well.