FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Predictions For TSA Response to MH370
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 am
FredAnderssen
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much

1. Is there anything they really want to be doing that they can now use MH370 as an excuse to implement?
I'm thinking less implement and more justify.

1. The TSA will now use the MH370 incident to justify several levels of I.D. checks at the Security Checkpoint, random I.D. checks anywhere in the sterile area*, I.D. checks at the gate, and I.D. checks on the jet bridge both on departure and arrival. Too many citizens are crying about lax security that allowed a couple of passengers to board that plane carrying stolen passports. Homeland security won't let this opportunity slip by to implement greater scrutiny of the traveling public and demand more funds from congress to implement said scrutiny.

2. Greater scrutiny and checks for those of us using our smart phones at the security checkpoints. (Maybe a freedom squiggle directly on the smartphone screen?).

3. No more allowing passing of anyone at a security checkpoint who lacks I.D., even if identification can be proven through other means. We all know that it is difficult to pass through now if you forget your license at home. I predict that ANY ability to get through with a background check, use of a Costco card or other means will be fully eliminated.

4. Extra scrutiny of valid forms of I.D. on the TSA accepted list. Especially driver's licenses from New Mexico. (and I mean that only half-facetiously).

5. Okay. Here's an implement: The TSA will be able to carry handguns. They've been champing at the bit for a long time to do this, and what better reason than to protect themselves from the criminals carrying stolen or fake passports and driver's licenses? (Think Jason Bourne).

*If not already implemented, this will definitely be added. You heard it here first, folks.