FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Predictions For TSA Response to MH370
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:47 am
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Predictions For TSA Response to MH370

'Sitting here on a snow day and musing about what the inevitable TSA reaction will be to the MH370 disappearance? They have been noticeably silent up to now -- no statements by Pissy, no Propaganda Village blog entries, no nothing.

They have something in store for all of us citizens when this is all over. I can't pin down anything in particular so I thought I would throw the question out there for your input and debate.

I'm thinking these thoughts at the moment:

1. Is there anything they really want to be doing that they can now use MH370 as an excuse to implement?

2. I'm assuming whatever they do must be visible to the public because that's how they show Congress they are on top of things. So, monitoring everyone's Facebook posts doesn't cut it because there's nothing visible at the airport.

3. Does anybody think they will continue to do nothing? If so, why?

4. Will the scenario be dependent upon the final determination of what happened?

5. Will the TSA simply distance themselves from the whole incident by simply stating that "It couldn't happen here?"

So, I'm interested in everyone's thoughts, with the caveat that we should probably check on things again after a final determination has been made.