FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm looking for the smallest plug point extender
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:49 pm
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by arjunrc
Oh man. Mikew99, I'll add you to my will if you can find me one just like this. If you find one with foldable prongs, I'll also coerce my wife to add you to hers.

Any keywords I can google around for? Oh and given I plan to plug in my MBP and Skiva to this, does polarization matter?
Gee, I wish I had picked up a few more on my last visit to Tokyo; I could have financed the entire trip (and then some).

I took a closer look at the markings on my adapter, and I found some exact matches to the part number (WH2123) on Rakuten/buy.com's Japanese site (it's called a "snap tap"): global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=snap+tap

What's frustrating is that this item is widely available for less than US$3 in Japan, but at the above site, international shipping starts at US$12! Perhaps somebody visiting Japan can stop by Yodobashi Camera and pick up a few for fellow FTers?

I'm not an electronics expert, but none of the electronic gizmos I travel with have polarized plugs, so I guess that for these specific items, it does not matter. For my laptop, I use an iGo universal AC adapter, which also lacks polarized plugs.