FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirTran Business Class and Delta First Class FLL-ATL-CLE-ATL-FLL
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:06 pm
LPDAL

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
(cut-off)
Another reason I love the 757 is the customary "turn left" once you board, allowing easy photo opportunities without the Economy and Delta Economy Comfort passengers breathing down your neck, hurrying for no apparent reason to claim their seats. When I got to gate B22, First Class pax were already boarding while the Y pax held short of the jetway. Very exciting to get 3 717s and a 757 on a single trip report.

KATL (Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Interntional Airport) - KFLL (Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
  • Airline: Delta Air Lines (DAL)
  • Airline IATA Code: IATA Code # DAL
  • Airline IACO Code: IACO Code # DAL
  • Airline Callsign: Radio Callsign DELTA
  • Airline Flight Number: # DL 1427
  • Aircraft / Equipment Used for Flight : Boeing 757-232
  • Aircraft / Equipment Registration: Registration # N676DL
  • Aircraft / Equipment Nationality: United States of America-FAA-Registered A/C / Equipment,
  • Aircraft Manufacturer: The Boeing Company
  • Aircraft Sub - Manufacturer: Boeing Commercial Airplanes
  • Aircraft's First Flight: May 8th, 1992
  • Aircraft Test Registration: Test Registration N676DL
  • Aircraft Config: F24W28Y131
  • Aircraft C/N: 25981
  • Total Number of Passenger Seats: 173 Seats
  • Aircraft Construction Number (MSN) : # 455
  • Aircraft Delivery Date: May 28th, 1992
  • Aircraft Powerplant (s) : 2x PW PW2037
  • Aircraft Owned by / Leased from: WELLS FARGO BANK NORTHWEST NA TRUSTEE
  • Cabin: Delta First Class
  • Seat Assignment: Seat # First Class 6A
  • Row Assignment: First Class Row # 6
  • Airline Flight Date: March 8, 2014
  • Boarding Call Time: 4:46 AM EST, March 8th, 2014
  • Boarding Zone: Boarding Zone # 1
  • Departure Time: 10:20 PM EST, March 8th, 2014
  • Arrival Time: 11:44 PM EST, March 8th, 2014
  • Time Aloft: 1 hour 24 minutes (84 minutes)
  • Filed Speed: 464 KIAS
  • Filed Cruising Altitude: 37,000 feet
  • Flight Distance: Direct: 582 SM | Planned: 642 SM | Flown: 646 SM
  • Routing Waypoint (s) : BRAVS7 WALET OTK JINGL4
  • Average Fare: $123.52 USD (Economy Class)

FLIGHT DATA SOURCE (S):

1.PlaneSpotter.Net Data

2. FlightAware Live Flight Tracking Data

Delta Flight 1427 ATL-FLL Copyright © 2014 FlightAware

Gate B22.

Boarding

Y apparently has it's own coffee supply (don't you just hate it when you unintentionally rhyme...)

After turning left into the First Class cabin, I was amazed to see that pretty much the whole cabin was girls around my age, with a few adults upfront. Apparently they were all a cheerleading squad going to a match, with the girl in 6B being one of the captains. We didn't converse a lot, but I learned some basic information about her (no, unfortunately I did not get her number.)

The giganticly-wide FC seats on this 752.

Superb legroom.

Delta 757-200 Cabin while boarding.

"Delta Radio" as well as audio for the overhead TV programming. Complimentrary Delta earbuds were passed out, although they were of a very low quality and I elected to use my own instead.

Snapping out of the girl phase and remembering the real reason for this trip, I quickly started snapping away at this 22-year-old 757s cabin-she was built strong to last long. AFAIK Delta seems to have two main types of domestic 757s-One is this type with no IFE and overhead screens but extra large seats, and the other has two more seats in the front, creating a seventh half-row of seats on the left side, PTVS, and less padding. This 757 was the former.

The girl seated next to me was quite cold and so was her friend across the aisle, to which they told the purser. To be honest, it was a bit chilly, so I gave the girl the complimentary blanket and she took it without saying anything. I took some pictures of the engine cowl and when i looked back she was asleep.

The F/A seemed extra enthusiatic about his crew, introducing everyone to each F/A by their names, and stating how glad he was to have us on Delta. I always notice the FLL flight attendants give excellent customer service before, during, and even after the flight, with pride in their work and employer.

As we pushed back at about 10:10 Delta's new 1980's themed safety video began playing, which was really directed great. The whole video flowed well, just like the "Deltalina" video. Katherine Lee even shows up in the middle of the new film which is a great thing for Delta to do.

The Delta 1980's Safety Video can be watched here:[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduNjwNvcH4]Delta's 80's In-Flight Safety Video

Listening to the video, pushback commenced and we made our way down to runway 26R for an on time departure. I really have to expand upon the excellently gregarious engine noise of the two Pratt and Whitney 2000 turbofans hanging under the wings, is matched by no other engine. No other powerplant roars by except for the equivalent RB.211. We flew down the taxiway before completely jumping off the runway and ascending due south. The girl next to me woke up again-guess she wasn't used to the pushing-you-back-in your seat feeling that the 757 gives..

Pushback from Gate Bravo 22 at ATL.

Taxiing

Turning onto the runway.

Takeoff.

Nearing cruise altitude.

As always with First Class....you get...yep, a snack basket! However this time it had some different choices in it, most notably almonds, Twix Candy, and Goldfish snack crackers. I had the last few coffees and cokes for the night.

Starting up with a late night coffee.

Snack basket, first pass.

What I like to call a "continental snack".

Snack basket, second pass.

First Class cabin snoozing away while TV reruns play overhead.

And in the blink of an eye, the captain announced we were on approach to FLL, ending The Tale of Two 717s. We flew the normal way in from the Everglades into a straight-in westerly approach on runway 9L.

Our heavily laden, full aircraft had an extremely long slow down time, but we were off like a shot into the gate. When we deplaned, the entire concourse was empty, everything was shut down or closed.

After we parked I asked the F/A to get a picture of the cockpit of this 22 year old 752, and he complimented me on my plans to become an airline pilot-how nice.

Everglades sliding on under us as we fly westward.

FLL from the air at night.

Short final.

Touchdown on runway 26R.

Taxiing on in.

Parked.

Grand finale of this trip report: The B752 Cockpit.

Continuing the tradition of Airworthiness certificates.

Delta Boeing 757-200 First Class Cabin.

Grabbing the registration number of this 752, N676DLm as I left.

My friend picked me up, drove me home, and I got some much needed rest after that much flying.

---
Please read my other trip reports and leave a nice comment if you will
---
AirTran Business Class Delta F FLL-ATL-CLE-ATL-FLL (Airliners.net)
---
Banyan Air FBO@FXE+Bombardier Global Express 5000 (Airliners.net)
---
Spirit Airlines New First Class FLL-MCO-FLL (Pics) (Airliners.net)
---
Fahf 2: Southwest Business Class R/T FLL-TPA-FLL (Airliners.net)
---
7 Hours On A Silver Saab 340B+! FLL-EYW-TPA-FLL (Airliners.net)
---
Goodyear Blimp/Airship/Dirigible Ride PMP-PMP(Pics (Airliners.net)
---
DL EconomyComfort-Better Than Economy? FLL-JFK-FLL (Airliners.net)
---
Delta First/BusinessElite FLL-ATL-BOS-AMS (Long) (Airliners.net)
---
Delta F Class FLL-LGA/JFK-FLL (Airliners.net)
---
Spirit Airlines Big Front Seat First Class FLL-MCO-FLL (FlyerTalk.com)
---
Delta First Class FLL-LGA/JFK-FLL (FlyerTalk.com)
---

Thanks in advance for all responses! Comments are very welcome.

---

-LPDAL

Last edited by LPDAL; Mar 14, 2014 at 9:14 pm