FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CIBC Aerogold offering 20k AP Miles, First Year Free
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:24 am
BMGfan

Has anyone been asked to go into a branch with pay stubs at time of card activation?

I applied a few weeks ago for the regular aerogold, and they sent me an infinite. My salary JUST meets the requirement for the infinite, but I typically come in a couple grand under each year when the final tally is in.

When I went to activate the card I got forwarded automatically to a rep, who then forwarded me to someone else who told me they needed to do some "random security checks". Asked me a bunch of questions, checked my credit report again, and then told me I needed to go into a CIBC branch with paystubs, a file number, ID, and have the rep call a phone number she gave me.

That was 2 weeks ago, just before I left for a trip, I just got back and am planning to head in there today.

This will be my second aerogold card ever, and I've only ever had one at a time. I'm especially annoyed at the fact that applied for a regular gold, and they sent me an infinite.

Anyone gone through this? Thoughts?