FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:03 am
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Can you clarify what you mean by the alignment in April? US is not aligning itself with AA's meal service - it is lowering the windows from the current 3:30-hour cutoff to a 2:45-hour cutoff. Nowhere near to AA's current 2-hour cutoff.

Also, AA doesn't serve an arrival breakfast on redeyes. Midcon redeyes (SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS/PDX/SEA-DFW/ORD) do not currently serve ANY meals at all; only warm nuts and a cookie. Transcons get a 'light snack' - soup, sandwich, or a fruit/cheese plate. No arrival breakfasts at all (with the exception of international flights, which is a whole other animal).

Correct me if I'm wrong and something has changed since the last announcement.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
However, I guess starting next month when US aligns itself with AA in cabin service, red-eyes will be getting a breakfast on arrival. F was full, Y was not, infact they were pushing selling upgrades, $250 for the flight and some people did take it. It was interesting though, about 60 minutes out, I heard someone complain to the FA about no food being served, maybe some of the people who upgraded were expecting something..