FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA J & First Square, United Y & p.s., The Tokyo Station Hotel
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:50 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
So just some photos and impressions of Tokyo as someone who has never been before (but thinks they live in the great city on earth - NYC). Some places I can't reccomend because frankly...I have no idea what the name of them are haha.

So first enjoy some photos.

Day 1 I was going to stay on foot within walking distance of the hotel. First stop would be Takashimaya and Ginza. For a few years I have lamented that the Takashimaya on 5th Avenue closed and was turned into a Forever 21 store. Loved the elevator attendants/operators, had a cappuccino at the top floor choose your own (tea cup) adventure cafe and then went downstairs to the lower level food area which needless to say is amazing...but it was still early and I had just finished a big breakfast at the hotel.

Dover Street Market further down in Ginza is phenomenal and definitely beats the new one in NYC, can't compare to London though. Nice rooftop space (attached to Uniqlo across the street) that on a nice day you could enjoy your lunch.

Love love love Itoen green tea and drink at least 1-2 bottles a day in NY so the fact that they are on virtually every corner or station is amazing!

Brought back my childhood and almost shed a nostalgic tear when I saw the display case of models going back to 1996.