FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:14 pm
pier11

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by frogdog51
Copy of Photo ID, S.S. card and 2 utility bills which I emailed to them securely (as secure as you can get online--double encryption). They also wanted explanation on high use of MO in short amount of time (15k over a month). The last part, I said..."Aren't the limits 15k in 30 day period."....."Yes..but..."

Oh, then they wanted to verify the source of where I the funds to BUY the money orders came from (via a list of transactions from that source showing the activity...in my case BOA AS Debit.) Actually, they wanted a copy of the BOA statement showing the activity but my statement hadn't closed yet, plus I had already given them everything they asked for.

I can actually see where they're coming from...."This guy said he purchased MO on a rewards debit card..where's the proof of those transactions though?" I get that. I'm just pissed my money hasn't been released yet as it's been almost a week now.

I gave them all the info. We'll see. I'd be shocked if they wound up NOT closing my account after this (because, well, they can if they want) but I don't really care. Just give me $800 back. I'm glad I got the $14000 out before the decided to "verify account transactions" The level of pissedoffness would probably be a little higher right about now.

Suntrust did this to me several months back but they said it will take 2-3 months to release my funds (that was $5000). Filed a complaint w/ FDIC and my money was sent back less than a week later. Hopefully the same works here. Complaint has been filed. https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

I'll post end results here when I find out
Bancorp in action.
No different than with prepaid cards.
It doesn't matter how polite front end in Simple face is.

May be bank statements are to much. May be MO purchase reciepts or stubs would please them. (To issue check)