FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yichang -> Wuhan train ticket
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:20 pm
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks for the info.. What do you mean by the timing won't work? That I wouldn't be me to buy on the spot? I think im just going to buy it earlier and give it a few hours cushion.
The timing of the G trains Yichang-Wuhan won't work since the last one leaves around 14:40. Most of the downstream-direction cruise ships end up docking at Yichang around 13:30. Between time needed to disembark, get from dock to station, through station and on the train, that's not enough time to catch a same-day G. Therefore, you need a D train of which there are many available from 15:30 on. Given the capacity, it's likely you could get to the station and buy a ticket on one of the trains going out that afternoon, but no guarantee you'd get the next-out and might have to buy tickets on a train not leaving for a few hours. I'd personally arrange to have the ticket purchased in advance for the specific train you want, so your seats are guaranteed and you only have to pick up the tickets either from an agent meeting you at the dock, or at the station itself. Then you'd also know what time you'd be getting to Wuhan.