FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Baggage Fees for former-Plat
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:28 am
AA_SPG_Fan

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
AA Baggage Fees for former-Plat

Hello --

You think I'd know the answer by now, but I am just downgraded to "plain" Aadvantage from a few years of being a normal Platinum. Bought 3 pairs of tickets for vacation next week. Looked on my reservation for 'Baggage Fees' and it shows each person can bring 2 checked bags for free (and 2 carry-ons). This is for a Coach ticket purchased when I was still a Plat. Because I am going with 3 people, we are all planning on checking baggage.

Is this an error? I tried reading the terms and the best I can get out of it is there are still baggage fees, but the terms seems confusing and contradictory when I pull up the reservation and it says no Baggage Fees up to two bags. Ive paid bag fees when I was making my way to Plat a few years back on those trips.

As I contemplate buying the Plat (or Gold) AAdvantage unqualifying extension in order to cover bags (for future trips in the year too). But, wanted to ask if anyone thinks there is baggage fees for this one trip to JFK (despite what the website reservation says??) THANKS SO MUCH!