FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:10 am
jibi

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by wharvey
My partner and I are using our free nights here in November... for the last four nights of our anniversary trip... and we got booked into the "Park King" rooms... nothing else available. They will not even offer these rooms up for sale... hoping something better becomes available... but not holding out hope.
Look back through this thread to see what the experience has been during November stays. Even with our belated anniversary stay in December during the height of the peak period, we were eventually upgraded for our final two nights. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the view (and having a nice chance to take photos), although the room configuration made it (Opera King) even seem smaller than the Park King (largely due to the larger bathroom in the Opera King, so I wasn't complaining as my wife enjoyed that extra benefit). You should have a better chance at an upgrade, but I would recommend keeping an eye on availability as your stay approaches and possibly email Andrew (the GM) a couple weeks prior to your stay and mention the special occasion. The benefit to that email will be to ensure you are on their radar and that you will have a bottom of Chandon delivered to your room by the butler staff after you check in. If you haven't already, you will also want to contact the Diamond line to have them add this information to your reservation (anniversary) and place your room upgrade request.