FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Langham 1865 Program
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:21 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by lcpteck
1865 membership benefits

For those interested in the program, above is the published benefits. It's interesting to note that even at top tier, there is no club access or breakfast included. Internet access is complimentary to all guest regardless of membership.

So is this loyalty program worth it? Well, they seem to have very nice properties however only a small footprint. They are expanding mainly in China currently with a few properties in North America.

There is no point system as well hence there really isn't any returns in the long run if you remain loyal. However, according to TripAdvisor (taking it with a pinch of salt of course), all their properties have generally great reviews. I guess service standards are high in this chain.

Let's see how it goes in the long run as we contribute more and more to this thread.
Well said and great points!
The in house experience and how they react and recover from issues would have to justify the lack of free nights return.
I called the NYC property and rang 20 times before someone picked up the phone.
Then with minimal English speaking skills the team member rushed her words and sentences so I could barely understand her.
Not a great first impression but probably not representative of the actual stay experience. I hope
I'm also not sure what came first Hyatt Place or Langham Place however I think of a Langham Place as a 2 star property with the name Langham Place
It doesn't resonate 700 dollar a night and up rooms in my thought process
Perhaps its a non issue but it would be the same to me if the they said Langham Inn it cheapens the name