FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Langham 1865 Program
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:14 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Since you have SPG LT Plat, you don't need to maintain status anymore so that's good news. ^ I agree regarding Hyatt Gold Passport. Unfortunately there are fewer properties in Asia (even outside of US) hence it will be difficult to take advantage of it or maintain status.

Since I travel on my own dime for vacations (no chance for business travel), will need to find something with the best overall value. Hilton/SPG/IHG is great in Asia due to the number of properties available though of course each one has their own pros and cons in the loyalty program. Will be starting my SPG Platinum Challenge in March-May and will maintain that as my main program going forward. Will probably drop the rest.

Anyways back to topic. Langham Place Xiamen just opened and there's an opening offer hence will try it out for 1 night while I'm there for a short stay.

Wonder if I will maintain this 1865 Voyager status down the road as their properties are probably a bit more expensive than the rest. However, if their services and upgrades as a Voyager member is consistent (Hoping at least a 1 category upgrade) with just 2 stays per membership year, it will probably be okay to continue with it.
I hear you!I am experimenting with Voyager too.
Unfortunately a lack of properties and very high daily rates will probably keep me a weak customer.
The program seems regional rather than global in mind set and not as versatile as the more well known programs
All problems IMO
Gravitate towards the point currency programs typically first