FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades at Las Vegas Airport ??
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:17 pm
CTNYC

Originally Posted by StuartUK
Hey all,
Am fishing for more info, etc.... I did a post a while back on booking an Adrenaline car from Hertz Las Vegas, received some good info, etc etc, but didn't book anything at the time and missed the discount option...

But a CDP offer to me has popped up which is good, so looking at my options to book again, and have just read through 20 pages worth of "list your free upgrades" , can see some rentals from normal cars to V8's for free and with costs, etc...
But heres my question....

I'm looking to book: (via Hertz.co.uk)
FCAR (Chevvy Impala) - Rate includes Full insurance/CDW/LIS/Xtra Driver.
Best deal is for me to pre-pay for the rental which is: £134 / $223 for 1 week rental - Monday to Monday...

We haven't used Hertz before, but have since signed up to Hertz Gold...

Have any of you booked a Mid or Full size Car, and then negotiated a deal at the Desk/Gold desk to get a Camero SS/Mustang/Challenger from the Adrenaline Range....
Am curious as to what amount you paid to upgrade? Or was you Turned down and given the car you booked with no Upgrade options at all..

If for example you managed to get an upgrade for $30 per day, would that include tax and would you pay that amount at the counter (keep in mind our rental will be prepaid).....
cheers
An option for an upgrade is likely at LAS, although it will depend on the exact inventory levels when you come... They might have 15 adrenaline collection cars on the lot they want to get rid of, or they might not have any...

I would suggest that if you really want an Adrenaline collection car, to reserve it, because negotiating at the desk may or may not net the results you want... Ultimately, it all depends on their inventory level at the time you arrive... If you want to take a chance for an at counter upgrade, then go for it knowing you might be in an FCAR, especially if the agent sees you are from overseas and tries to take advantage of your desire to upgrade

The upgrade fee would be pre-tax as far as I know...