FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades at Las Vegas Airport ??
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:45 am
marvanit

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StuartUK
Hey all,
Am fishing for more info, etc.... I did a post a while back on booking an Adrenaline car from Hertz Las Vegas, received some good info, etc etc, but didn't book anything at the time and missed the discount option...

But a CDP offer to me has popped up which is good, so looking at my options to book again, and have just read through 20 pages worth of "list your free upgrades" , can see some rentals from normal cars to V8's for free and with costs, etc...
But heres my question....

I'm looking to book: (via Hertz.co.uk)
FCAR (Chevvy Impala) - Rate includes Full insurance/CDW/LIS/Xtra Driver.
Best deal is for me to pre-pay for the rental which is: £134 / $223 for 1 week rental - Monday to Monday...

We haven't used Hertz before, but have since signed up to Hertz Gold...

Have any of you booked a Mid or Full size Car, and then negotiated a deal at the Desk/Gold desk to get a Camero SS/Mustang/Challenger from the Adrenaline Range....
Am curious as to what amount you paid to upgrade? Or was you Turned down and given the car you booked with no Upgrade options at all..

If for example you managed to get an upgrade for $30 per day, would that include tax and would you pay that amount at the counter (keep in mind our rental will be prepaid).....
cheers
Both of your scenarios are possible, as upgrades are based on availability. You may be able to upgrade to your desired care anywhere from $25-75 day, depending on the agent. Those costs do not include taxes and fees. The additional cost would be billed to your credit card.

It is also possible that you wont have any upgrade options and will be left with the car that you have booked. If you are happy with the car you booked, keep the reservation. if you really need an Adrenaline, you should book it.