FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All J to LAS, PHX, LAX ect.
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:51 pm
B767

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
How is JETBLUE configured? Isn't it "almost J" without the frills?
</font>
Jetblue is a LCC with benefits. Seating is 3 & 3 on an A320, pitch is 32" (more at emergency exits). Every seat is leather and has a "free' personal TV (ever wonder what was supposed to go in the seat backs on AC's A330 & A340 Y seats?) with 22 channels of live Direct TV (NBC, CNN, HGTV, Kids channels etc). Headsets are free and yours to take with you. Complimentary soft drinks, juices, water and snacks are served. Planes are clean, service is friendly and efficient. I took a flight in April from Buffalo to Ft Lauderdale and the one way fare was $ 86.00 USD, all taxes, surcharges etc included. I had to delay my flight by one day, no change fee at all. Was very, very impressed and would fly them again in a minute. To me this is the model for a LCC that AC should be duplicating in Canada. Be a different LCC carrier instead of trying to compete with Westjet , Air Transat, Skyservice. They will continue to kill AC if everything is equal so be different, LEAD not follow, sell not just take orders!