FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA WAS to PVG, PEK to WAS
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:17 pm
vaflyer888

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by drewguy
Yes - I have connected that way to PVG and HKG in less time. Boarding usually starts ~50 mins before departure.

People have different approaches on jet lag. My own is to get a few hours of sleep later in the flight, walk around upon arrival at the hotel, and then do my best to get a full night's sleep.

Thanks for the advice. There is a flight with a one hour layover but I think that is cutting it too close.

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
They get their version of "noise canceling headsets". Better than what you get in Economy. But nowhere near Bose ones that you get on LH F . Hence the suggestion for a good personal headset
Looking up the headphones now on Amazon!

Originally Posted by ckidder331
when I fly to Asia, I try to stay up as much as possible. For a 13-14 hour flight, I'll sleep only about an hour or so mid-flight. That way when I land around 7/8pm, I'm decently tired and once I get to the hotel I'm pretty much ready for bed. I've never had a problem going to Asia using this routine.

one the way home, I usually try to take a night flight back to the West Coast...so something like day flight Hong Kong to Tokyo and then overnight Tokyo to LAX. I sleep for 6-7 hours on the NRT-LAX portion and arrived rested and ready for a half-day in USA before heading back to bed.
Thank you for the advice. We get in at 1:55 pm so we'll turn in early. Then go on a tour the next morning. When we get back we leave 6:25 pm and arrive 7:55 pm EST. It takes me a long time to get over jet lag!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 12, 2014 at 1:36 pm Reason: merge