FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Glass
Thread: Google Glass
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:39 pm
youreadyfreddie

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by alecbarron
Ugh, I'm more than happy just being called "sir."

I love to see airlines incorporate new technology, but this is one I do not want!
Originally Posted by MtlChris
I still think we are missing a legal framework for those glasses, after all, they record video and sound without giving any privacy option.

And while they make me uncomfortable as a potential Virgin customer, I guess I can be lucky I am not the employee who has to wear a monitoring device all day at work.
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
I had my first encounter with someone wearing GoogleGlass at SFO a few weeks back. It was at the T3E grand opening. I wondered what she was capturing with her GoogleGlass, as I really dislike being captured extraneously in others' pictures. I don't like this invasion of privacy. At least when someone whips out a camera or a phone, I have a bit of time to dodge out of the way...

On the fashion statement that they make: You think they look ridiculous as they are natively? Well, at one point, she had to connect her GoogleGlass to her Android phone with a USB cable. Not sure why, but for the last half of the party, she walked around with the glasses on, the cable hanging from the glasses down the left side of her face, connected to her phone she carried in her hand. I'm no paragon of fashion, but this struck me as something I would not like to wear....
Originally Posted by BOB W
This.

I will require that anyone approaching me with them to take them off. They are a gross invasion of my space and my privacy. that we have reached this in the world.
I'd like to thank each of you for saying what you said here so I don't have to say it. This invasion of privacy is beyond creepy and I'm amazed that so many people seem to have no objections to it.