FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F 747 or 777
Thread: F 747 or 777
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:20 am
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by uk1
I take totally the opposite view .. the final straw being a few days ago when the CC traffic on the K aisle was so heavy throughout the flight that rest was virtually impossible for too much of the 14 hours flight for a number of pax. Even with earplugs under Bose headphones gave little immunity.

It became clear that the forward galley became both the dining and social meeting area for the crew, and for some reason this also seemed to involve constant trips between the forward and aft galley to slam cupboard doors. This doesn't happen on the 744 . This was a MF crew and the CSM seemed absent.

This has been my most extreme experience of this type but as a reasonable generalisation a 744 F cabin will be quieter than a 777 F cabin. So the trade off in my view is a bit more space and better IFE against a more exclusive quieter environment. I am doing everything I can do to avoid 777 on our next and all future flights.

I always the 777, to the point where if I have a choice I would take another airline. Too noisy, as you mentioned, and not enough privacy.