FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo : Twice as Nice - double points on dining 1 Feb to 30 Apr 2014
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:10 pm
3544quebec

Originally Posted by WineAGcom
Interesting. You may be right about it being a technical issue. I don't recall any promotion where a part of the bill received extra points. Probably hard to implement.
The thing to do if staying at the hotel is to dine in the restaurant as a non-guest paying your bill at the time. Maybe a technical issue will stop the system recognising that you are an in-house guest and you will get the bonus points.

I just love it when these new promos come out and we get threads with half the posts saying because this promo does not benefit ME it is a dumb promo

Presumably Members staying at an SPG property are much more likely to dine at that property than members who happen to be in the same city but not staying inhouse. Just maybe SPG sees value in trying to encourage those less likely to dine at the hotel to do so but doesn't see great incremental value in giving an extra benefit to those many of whom would have dined at the hotel anyway. SPG may feel that the regular points for dining and the 10-25% discount offered at many hotel restaurants for SPG members is sufficient incentive to keep encouraging inhouse guests to dine inhouse but that this promo will get people who are a few miles away to think about dining at an SPG restaurant when they otherwise may not have.Its not always about ME

Last edited by 3544quebec; Feb 5, 2014 at 2:31 pm