FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:25 am
TonyBurr

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
MP, RIP

MP has died. What was the best MP program in the airline industry has died. The death was a result of J. Smisek. He ruined an airline, now he has killed the best MP program.

Jeff told us that the other *A airlines all decided on the same day to charge UA flyers more miles. LOL. I spoke to agents at other *A airlines and they said their redemption values did not go up. It seems like it was just UA. Of course Jeff was 100% honest with us.

I did searches of many international routes I regularly fly for award availability. It was there at a much higher rate for the premium cabins. Guess what airline did not have “availability”? It was UA. So Jeff has raised the award redemption amount and pulled UA inventory. Maybe for those who fly economy it does not make much of a difference, but it does fore Premium.

One more Jeff action, which “ we know you will love”.

OK, all you Jeff defenders tell me how this latest action by him is a great thing and how wrong I am to dare to criticize Jeff.