FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:30 am
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lisa2926
I need to book MEL to PVG, it should be down from 50K to 40K one wa businessy, but it seems still old chart
So book it. They have already said they will refund the difference for flights that cost less under the new rates and are booked after Feb 1, so unless you don't actually have 50K miles in your account then you're good to go.

Originally Posted by cruisr
Crazy. 10:00am est and still old prices showing. Maybe they changed their mind? UA is like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. I just dated myself with that line.
Crazy how? They deliberately delayed it until a weekday - do you really think they would start charging the new rates at Midnight on that weekday? It largely defeats the purpose of moving it to the 3rd. 10am EST is only 9am in Chicago - give people time to get into the office, have their morning coffee, and then click the magic button.