FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:54 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Did you take the LAX-ICN I was about to book in F and disappeared!!!

Luckily I had a backup plan, but not as nice. However, they are having a hard time getting a confirmation from CA for my PEK-SFO flight in F. Keep trying to transfer to *A desk and keep getting bopped back to the Premier desk.

However, agent (second agent after having to HUACA due to the bogus "RTW" excuse) read a memo they just received. Something to the effect that to "ensure a seamless customer experience" they are extending the deadline until Feb 3. Interesting if true.

meanwhile, I set on hold.

Entire itin will be LAX-YUL-MUC-BKK//HKT-BKK-PEK//PEK-SFO-SNA in Y-J-F/J-J/F-Y on AC-LH-TG/TG-TG/CA-UA
Booked FLL-IAH-PEK//HKG-BKK-CDG//CDG-YUL-FLL last Dec. in CA F, TG F and AC J, with UA coach and AC coach at the bookends. UA segment is Waitlist Requested though I doubt it would ever clear. :rolleye:

I never see an F on the LAX-ICN route in May - J only. I suspect the Fs are long gone.

I did see 11/03 and 11/26. Held a ressie for the 11/03 but no agent would try to ticket it but sent me to RTW which said would be 285K... Yeah right. Canceled that but the inventory did not come back. 11/26 disappeared when I tried to look it up.

I got phantom LH inventory on the FRA-MXP route and especially on the FRA-VCE route. Managed to find a date the FRA-MXP was bookable despite the all white calendar when doing multi-city booking. Wanted to change the date as when it was searched using City Pair, there were inventory on more desirable date. Called up and got the bogus RTW excuse in 30 seconds after she answered the phone. Since I already ticketed the whole thing online, I simply hang up.

Would burn one more if the Feb 3rd date is true. Burnt 500K on 2 trips, one F one J. Still have 500K left in combined balance. Sigh.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 31, 2014 at 10:16 pm