FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA codeshare change fee?
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:47 am
YouGoGlenCoco

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I'm booked HNL-ITO on HA as a UA codeshare in Z (Biz) class as a part of a larger itinerary (EWR-HNL-ITO). The layover in HNL is a bit longer than I'd like (3.5 hours and I couldn't book it any shorter as a codeshare).

There are several earlier flights that I should be able to catch (I'm not checking bags). What are my options for changing a codeshare flight to an earlier flight after I arrive at HNL? Are there change fees with a codeshare Z class fare?
Originally Posted by 747FC
Here are the rules:

http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app...etail/a_id/633

While it says that you need to notify an agent "before security" of your request for standby, you may be able to accomplish this at the airside desks.

You may wish to call HA and make sure your fare is eligible.
Standby is only an option for Pualani PLT, GLD, Corporate Ticket Holders, and those who purchased Hawaiian Coach Plus.

Any changes must be made via UA, since you booked your ticket through them. Also - they have control of your ticket, the HA agents won't be able to make any changes to it.

While the earlier flights are there, it's quite possible that they were not available for sale via UA Codeshare.