FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So why am I not on the airport upgrade list?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:46 pm
JimmyJoe

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Originally Posted by Orwaid
So #1 got the last seat.

Interestingly enough, I checked the online list after my flight left to find my name at #2. even though it was not there at t-20.

So I am more confused than ever now. Did they just manually insert my name? And if so, why was it put there?
A similar thing is happening right now to me. Last night at 2200, I check-in for my Y seat (me MVPG can companion on same PNR is QF Gold and switched to an earlier flight. We were not on the AS app upgrade list.

I called AS Gold desk. She said she placed us in the upgrade list. She also said we were now not on the return flight upgrade list. I'm pissed that we lost our position on the return.

We still are not on the AS app upgrade list. However, on line it says we're first class waitlisted.

Another thing... I tried to change seats. The app and the website wouldn't let me. I called the Gold desk again and the agent said he couldn't change the seat even thought there's open seats. He sighted that it's closed even though it's 20 hours to departure.

I called another agent who change the seat. Normally AS phone agents agree good. What I can't figure out is why there was any issue to begin with.

Why don't we show on the app upgrade list?
Why could we not switch seats when there's still open seats?
Why we were not placed into the new flights upgrade list?
Why we're we removed from the return flight upgrade list?