FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Airtran Integration - Master Thread
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:27 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by goghd
Reference statement above: "Airtran A+ Elite will be given A-List status on Southwest." Please change.

Yesterday I was denied status match. Agent said can you only have status match for one year. Since I had it last year she said no.
This is very much YMMV. My advice:
1. When you first call, immediately write down the name of the person answering the phone.
2. If you are refused, be nice so the refusal is NOT documented by the agent. 3. Call back several hours later and hope to get a different agent. Write down the name and make sure it doesn't match a previous name.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you succeed.

I'm pretty sure the official policy is one match for one year, but I had no problem getting a second one after a 3-month lapse. I really want to try AirTran but I haven't needed a solo flight to the East Coast in years. I have needed to fly Southwest in order to use my Companion Pass on the one or two trips where I otherwise might have been able to choose AirTran.