FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware!!! Enterprise at the London Heathrow Airport has some issues.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:17 am
ChimarraoMate

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus RewardsŪ Five StarŪ, & Rapid Rewards
Enterprise UK called me at 2 am my time this morning to inform me that they made a mistake and that I do not owe them any damages. My milage and gas level of the car all proved that I did not put any fuel in their car, let alone incorrect fuel.

I called them back this morning to file a complaint. They are working on drafting a letter of apology addressed to me, and will possibly include a one week rental of a premium car in any Europe location, with all the extra rental car insurance included and a complimentary tank of fuel for use on my next visit.

Does that apology sound reasonable to you guys? Would you ask for more? In the end, I had to deal with the stress of a letter threatening legal and financial penalties. 5x15-30 minute international calls. Two nights of very little sleep, both from stress and having to talk to them on the phone. Also, my elevated status as an Emerald Club Executive is maintained by repeatedly renting from them often throughout each year.