Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Beware!!! Enterprise at the London Heathrow Airport has some issues.

Beware!!! Enterprise at the London Heathrow Airport has some issues.

Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
Angry Beware!!! Enterprise at the London Heathrow Airport has some issues.

I just received a letter last night from from the Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Damage Recovery Unit. The letter stated this:

"Section 8 of our Rental Agreement explains that the provision of damage waiver excess protection does not exempt you from any losses suffered by Enterprise-A-Car should you use incorrect fuel.

8a: You agree DW does not exempt you from liability for damage caused by: the use of incorrect fuel."

You see I had purchased all the extra insurance because I was in a different country. Then it goes on to state:

"As a result of your actions, which caused damage to our vehicle, Enterprise Rent-A-Car holds you in breach of the terms and conditions of our agreement and as such Damage Waiver and Excess Protection do not apply in this instance."

Anyway, you get the drift. They told me that they will forward the bill to me and that I have to pay for the damage within 7 business days.

So, I sent them a message. I informed them that I also purchased a full tank of gas in addition to the insurance, and returned the car with 3/8 of a tank of that same fuel in the car. I never put a drop of fuel in their car.

They replied that they are investigating. Ya, they can do that. I am also an Emerald Club Executive, so I am pretty sure I will end up with some free rental days for my inconvenience when they figure this all out.

Last edited by ChimarraoMate; Jan 29, 2014 at 12:28 am
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
Enterprise UK called me at 2 am my time this morning to inform me that they made a mistake and that I do not owe them any damages. My milage and gas level of the car all proved that I did not put any fuel in their car, let alone incorrect fuel.

I called them back this morning to file a complaint. They are working on drafting a letter of apology addressed to me, and will possibly include a one week rental of a premium car in any Europe location, with all the extra rental car insurance included and a complimentary tank of fuel for use on my next visit.

Does that apology sound reasonable to you guys? Would you ask for more? In the end, I had to deal with the stress of a letter threatening legal and financial penalties. 5x15-30 minute international calls. Two nights of very little sleep, both from stress and having to talk to them on the phone. Also, my elevated status as an Emerald Club Executive is maintained by repeatedly renting from them often throughout each year.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:12 pm

Sounds...

like you got your piece of flesh; now if your marital obligations were frustrated, that's a whole 'nother ballgame, in which case I'd ask for one more free rental day

Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate
Enterprise UK called me at 2 am my time this morning to inform me that they made a mistake and that I do not owe them any damages.

Does that apology sound reasonable to you guys? Would you ask for more? In the end, I had to deal with the stress of a letter threatening legal and financial penalties. 5x15-30 minute international calls. Two nights of very little sleep, both from stress and having to talk to them on the phone. Also, my elevated status as an Emerald Club Executive is maintained by repeatedly renting from them often throughout each year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.