FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber vs SilverLine vs Taxi - Boston
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:49 pm
ChevyCruze

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by will2288
I wouldn't bother with public transportation for such a short trip, especially as the SL doesn't go right to the hotel.

UberX would be the cheapest option, but it might take a while to get a car at that time of night if you can find one at all. There should be plenty of Uber black cars available, but that would cost a lot more. However, both could have surge pricing at that time (holiday, Friday night, winter). Surge pricing is based on neighborhoods now, so drivers might not sit around Logan if they could make more driving downtown.

I would check UberX at baggage claim, and just take a taxi if a car is not around. The tunnel toll is $5.25 and Uber adds another $8.75 ($5.50 as an uber fee, $3.25 to cover the airport limo surcharge).
Thanks for the tidbit. Felt the same on taking public transportation since it'll more than likely be cold and don't feel like wheeling a bag down a possibly iced sidewalk.

I've been reading up on Uber and noticed that really hit the surge pricing hard on NYE. Hopefully it won't be as bad as V-night.

So Uber adds the $5.25 tunnel toll and $8.75 fee on top of the Fare Quote, correct?