FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drinky Coupons
Thread: Drinky Coupons
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:18 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by KOTAR1988
Last week, I started my travels in GNV on a CRJ, connected in ATL and boarded the 4pmish flight on a 777-200LR to LAX, then onto LAS on a A319. When I printed my 3 flights, I received 3 pieces of paper and each piece of paper had my boarding passes with a "Have One on Us" FREE drink coupon. The coupons had a bar code and each had like a 2 day window to use the coupons.

I asked NICELY on the CRJ flight(Express Jet formerly ASA) and was denied. The FA attendant said they do NOT take them. I thought, maybe an Express Jet issue. As a PM, I was I think 46 out of 53 on the upgrade list, but thought, "Hey, I have 3 drink coupons, I'll get a nice ride to LAX". I sat in Economy Comfort and when I asked NICELY again, the FA stated that they do NOT take them anymore. Politely, I asked why, and she said that she didn't know but they could not take them. So I asked, WHY would Delta put them on my boarding pass page to which there was NO answer. Frankly speaking, it is NOT the end of the world, however, I read these forums and everyone says that YES, they take them or your mileage may vary. My point is WHY is there NOT one policy. To the FA credit, she asked the other FA as well. On the A319 flight, the FA stated no beverage service because the flight was 41 minutes wheels up to wheels down. I am just here to say that the "HOOU" coupons on your boarding passes may NOT always work. Lastly, on the 777-200 flight last October to and from BKK to NRT, I was served one drink but when I asked for 2 with 2 coupons, I was told NO doubles. Just another point of view.....I'm NOT looking for SkyPesos, or $$$......just another point of view.
Please write DL with succinct details and let us know what they say.

When you get the first reply it will likely be computer-generated and unresponsive. But if you persist and follow-up, the second reply will likely be from a human, with some chance of cogent content.