FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:37 pm
ww88ww

MB-Tex, as it is called, is a very good leather imitation, and it wears well - you can find 40 year old MBs that have finally worn out with Tex interiors that look fine. I'd take it over some of the cheap leather in lower line cars that tends to crease and crack in not much time. But to someone who knows the feel and smell of a quality leather, Tex won't fool them.

You are right on the upgrade, if it happens, PCAR to XCAR should net an E-class. If they have one. When I reserved XCAR at MCO a few months ago, they had none on the lot, and tried to convince me that a C-class (LCAR) was equivalent (downgrade with no difference). I didn't accept this, and was able to get an X5 - but I traded a couple days later when I drove by and noticed an E on the lot. I've rented there a couple times, I think I just caught them in a supply gap, staff there are pleasant, efficient shuttles too.

Originally Posted by Beckles
so should I get upgraded PCAR -> LCAR -> XCAR then, to an E-Class or similar, is that correct? I haven't seen any limits on upgrades like the US agencies typically have in terms of car classes.